Hi there – I hope you’re all doing terrific. It’s time for another Angry Trainer workout…
I really enjoy writing these programs for you and today is no exception.
Today’s full body workout is all about time – 1 minute to be exact. For each exercise you’ll perform a number of reps and keep moving for an entire minute. The idea is to not stop and continuously move from one exercise to the next, so choose your weights carefully. In addition, you’ll be alternating exercises from upper to lower body. This workout will show you that time has a way of sneaking up on you!
Ideally, I’d challenge you to get 10 reps in that one minute. Why? One way to provide a new stimulus is by increasing time under tension, or how long each rep takes. In this workout, each repetition will take 6 seconds. Yes this requires a bit of counting, and a timer would come in handy but so what? You can do it! The 6-second mark is actually challenging. Trust me, whatever weight you use for average speed reps (2 seconds up, 2 down) will need to be significantly lighter for this workout. Making each rep last 6 seconds can be a real punisher…
Weight A Minute
*Warm-up – Elliptical, bike, treadmill x 5minutes @ moderate pace
- For the first set of each exercise, be sure to warm up with a lighter weight, and then increase for set # 2.
- Try to only take the time that’s needed to move from one exercise to the next.
Circuit # 1
1. Barbell Squat x 60 seconds
2. Dumbbell Chest Press x 60 seconds
3. Barbell Deadlift x 60 seconds
4. Pull-ups x 60 seconds (killer) modified is acceptable
5. Jump Lunges
6. Rest 30 seconds and repeat 1 more time (total of 2)
*Rest 45 seconds before going to Circuit #2
Circuit # 2
1. Kettlebell Hip Drives x 60 seconds
2. Pushups x 60 seconds (killer J)
3. Alternating Reverse Lunges x 60 seconds
4. Cable or Resistance Band Row x 60 seconds
5. Squat Thrust w/Jump Squat x 60 seconds
6. Rest 30 seconds and repeat one more time (total of 2)
*Rest 45 seconds before going to Circuit #3
Circuit # 3
1. Barbell Bicep Curls x 60 seconds
2. Swiss Ball Hamstring Roll In’s x 60 seconds
3. Walking Lunges x 60 seconds
4. Triceps French Press x 60 second
5. Jump Rope x 60 seconds
6. Rest 45 seconds then repeat 1 more time (total of 2)
*Rest 30 seconds the go to Circuit # 4
Circuit # 4
1. Dumbbell Squat & Shoulder Press (Push Press) x 60 seconds
2. Hanging Leg Raises x 60 seconds; v –ups, pikes, sit-ups for substitutes
3. Dumbbell Hammer Curls x 60 seconds
4. Step Ups w/Dumbbell Side Laterals x 60 seconds
5. Triceps Pushups x 60 seconds
6. Rest 45 seconds and repeat 1 more time (total of 2)
*Rest 30 seconds then go to Circuit #5
You didn’t think I’d forget the calisthenics did you?
*Perform each of these explosively, but controlled, for 10 seconds only.
1. Jump rope
2. Jump Squats
4. Jumping Jacks (can use 1 or 2 lb. weights)
6. Scissor Kicks (alternating leg raises)
7. Rest 30 seconds and repeat 2 more times (total of 3 minutes)
So, what so you think? It looks good right? This workout is actually a lot of fun because it presents a great challenge in that it requires you to lift slowly. If you haven’t tried this type of training before, you’re in for a surprise! Be sure to really concentrate on the lifting portion of each exercise, as this is where most trainees tend to rush and speed the movement.
Try running through this one and let me know how it goes!
All information contained within this site, Angry Trainer Fitness.com, is for informational purposes only. It’s not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health problem – nor is it intended to replace the advice of a physician. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Always consult your physician or qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health or on any opinions expressed within this website. Please see your physician before changing your diet, starting an exercise program, or taking any supplements of any kind.